3Cr2Mo mold steel is a general-purpose pre-hardened plastic mold steel. It is a plastic mold steel widely used in various countries.
3Cr2Mo steel has good hardenability and certain toughness. 3Cr2Mo can be carburized. After carburizing and quenching, the surface hardness can reach 65HRC. It has high hot hardness and wear resistance.
3Cr2Mo Steel Worldwide Equivalents
|Standard||GB||ASTM A681||DIN EN ISO 4957|
3Cr2Mo Chemical Composition
3Cr2Mo Steel Mechanical Properties
|Yield Strength Rp0.2(MPa)||Tensile Strength Rm(MPa)||Impact Energy AKV(J)||Elongation at Fracture A(%)|
|827-862 MPa||965-1030 MPa||≥ 78||≥ 12|
|Elastic Modulus||Impact toughness value αkv (J/cm2)||Hardness(Brinell)|
|190-210 GPa||27.1-33.9 J||≤ 300|
|Density||0.284 lb/in3 (7861 kg/m3)|
|Modulus of Elasticity||30 x 106 psi (207 GPa)|
|Thermal Conductivity||24 Btu/ft/hr/°F|
|Machinability||60-65% of a 1% carbon steel|
Heating temperature 1100-1150℃. Initial forging temperature 1050-1100℃, final forging temperature ≥850℃. Air cooling after forging.
Heating temperature 850℃, holding for 2-4h. Isothermal temperature 720℃, holding for 4-6h. Furnace cooling to 500℃, air-cooling.
Quenching heating temperature 860-870 ℃, oil quenching. 540-580 ℃ tempering. The prehardened hardness is 30-35HRC.
Chemical heat treatment
3Cr2Mo die steel has good hardenability and certain toughness and can be carburized. After carburizing and quenching, the surface hardness can reach 65HRC. Has high hot hardness and wear resistance.
1)uniform hardness qualitative of Material;
2)No quenching crack danger,Without heat treatment costs that can reduce the tool cost;
3)Excellent polishing performance;
4)Good machining performance;
- 1) It can be used to make large injection molds or extrusion molds.
- 2) This steel is suitable for making large plastic molds. Such as TV sets, shells of large tape recorders and panel covers of washing machines.
- 3) Suitable for compression molds.
- 4) Suitable for corrosion resistance, high precision molds
|Product type||Products||Dimension||Processes||Deliver Status|
|Plates/Sheets||Plates/Sheets||0.08-200mm(T)*W*L||Forging, hot rolling, and cold rolling||Annealed, Solution and Aging, Q+T, ACID-WASHED, Shot Blasting|
|Steel Bar||Round Bar, Flat Bar, Square Bar||Φ8-1200mm*L||Forging, hot rolling and cold rolling, Cast||Black, Rough Turning, Shot Blasting,|
|Coil/Strip||Steel Coil/Steel Strip||0.03-16.0x1200mm||Cold-Rolled&Hot-Rolled||Annealed, Solution and Aging, Q+T, ACID-WASHED, Shot Blasting|
|Pipes/Tubes||Seamless Pipes/Tubes, Welded Pipes/Tubes||OD:6-219mm x WT:0.5-20.0mm||Hot extrusion, Cold Drawn, Welded||Annealed, Solution and Aging, Q+T, ACID-WASHED|
1. The price is determined according to the material, size, finishing process and different payment methods
2. Each material has been ut tested
3. We have every kind of material in stock, so we can deliver it in time.
4. The size of steel can be customized according to customer requirements, and the minimum order quantity and specification model can be developed / produced according to international, Chinese or industrial standards
5. There are more services. Welcome to consult.